CRAFTING TOGETHER

CRAFTING TOGETHER
MARCH 2015

Thursday, June 25, 2015

UNITY STAMPS FWF FRIDAY JUNE 26 2015

 

 
 
This is a card that I made with bisters ink crystals and lots of water. I used a few colours of crystals and put them on a sheet of wrinkled plastic wrap. I then sprayed water from a mister on the ink and then laid my watercolour paper on top of the colour. I then wrapped up the paper to let it dry. After 10 minutes,  I unwrapped the paper and this colourful background was created. The butterflies were punched from scrap water colour paper that I used to mop up ink from my craft sheet. There were many colours on this scrap and made perfect punch outs.
 
I used a sentiment stamp from Wish with Your Heart from UNITY STAMPS.
 
Friday is Friends with Flair on the Unity blog. Stampers share their projects with each other. I really look forward to all the inspiring ideas. Check out the blog here. You won't be disappointed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. Very nice card. I like the silhouette, twine and butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool and just so lovely!! Love the sweetness it has - great and cool technique you used for your background!! Sounds like something to try!! Delightful card!!! Hey I am hosting a giveaway at my blog of 5 different SU! stamp sets - if you are interested I would love for you to come by!! daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Beautiful background. Love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! Lovely watercolored background and the glittery butterflies are a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of these ink crystals, I'm learning so many new ways to watercolour

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Ruby :-) I love the background and the silhouette image, very cute :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous background and just love the butterflies! Your technique for the butterflies just goes to show there are no mistakes in crafting - just happy accidents! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. The silhouette is lovely. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty background for those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!
    That technique sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and I LOVE that background!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one awesome background and technique. Turned out pretty, Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty! I love the butterflies and that fabulous sentiment!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the crinkle effects of the plastic wrap on your wonderful background!!! Such a sweet card.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, what an awesome background!

    ReplyDelete